Simple Rules for a Good Planning Application
(1) Application Form fully completed as appropriate: All questions answered and a signed application submitted 1 Original
(2) Planning Application Fee: List of planning fees available here.
(3) Newspaper Notice in any of the approved newspapers. (Note: Please submit 1 Entire page of Newspaper)
(4) Site Notice in approved format: Site notice to be left on site for a period of 5 weeks from the date the Planning application was submitted to the planning authorities office. 1 Original
(5) Site Location Map: Scale of 1:1000 built up area and 1:2500 in all other. 6 No. Copies Required
(6) Site Layout Plan: Scale of 1:500 6 No. Copies Required
(7) Floor Plans, Elevations and Sections: Scale not less than 1:200 or other scale as agreed with the Planning authority prior to submission. 6 No. Copies Required
(8) Site Assessment/Percolation Test/Water Table Test: Required for a site with a septic tank or wastewater treatment unit. Tests for Septic Tanks must be carried out in accordance with procedures set out in the ‘Environmental Protection Agency – Wastewater Treatment Manuals – Treatment Systems for Single Houses’ at the location of the proposed percolation area. Test results must be certified by a suitably qualified person. 6 No. Copies Required
(9) Implementation of Housing Strategy: Certificate of exemption must be applied for four houses or less.Otherwise Proposals need to be submitted for Five houses or More.
(10) Supporting Documentation 6 No. Copies Required
It is advised that you consult with the Planning Department prior to the submission of a planning application for a large scale development whether residential or industrial/commercial.
Note: This information is not intended to provide, or constitute a substitute for, legal advice and no liability whatsoever is accepted in respect of its accuracy or any reliance by any person upon its contents or otherwise.
The Planning Departments Public office is here to help you the Customer/Agent, so do not hesitate to ask us any Planning Queries.